Your privacy is important to Voltalia and we are committed to process your Personal Data with lawfulness, fairness and transparency.
In accordance with the applicable regulations on the protection of Personal Data, Voltalia is the "data controller" of the data that Users provide us with during their visit to the website www.voltalia.com ("the Site").
The terms "we", "us" or "our" that we use in this document means Voltalia, and "you", "your" and "yours" refer to the User of the Site.
Through this Policy Voltalia commits itself to:
1. Respect your privacy and your choices.
2. Ensure that all questions concerning the protection of Personal Data and security are at the heart of our activities.
3. Collaborate only with partners who share the same values than us.
4. Respect your rights to meet your demands as much as possible.
Voltalia will only process the Personal Data you provide to us through this website in accordance with this Policy and remains at your disposal for any questions concerning your Personal Data.
You can send us an email anytime at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who we are?
Founded in 2005, Voltalia is a power producer and service provider in renewable electricity production from solar, wind, hydro and biomass energies (combining storage solutions).
Voltalia’s mission is to improve the global environment by fostering local development. All collaborators are expected to contribute to achieving this mission. This mission, however, is meaningful only if, in implementing it, we act in accordance with the ethical principles of a corporate citizen.
What is Personal Data?
Personal Data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual; an identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or one or more factors specific to his physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
What Personal Data do we collect from you and how do we use it?
As a User, you can share with us Personal Data when you contact us directly through Contacts, Newsletter, Careers, Voltalia Dashboard sections’ or at a show and an event in which Voltalia participates (mainly surname, first name, nationality, date of birth and personal details).
Voltalia also collects data by using cookies to obtain information that is used solely to produce anonymous statistics, which does not allow to follow your browsing on other sites or for more accurate location data than the country information only for the purpose of identifying the browser language.
The Site contains links to social networks such as LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
Voltalia will not be held responsible, directly or indirectly, for the data they collect. We invite you to learn more about their own policies on privacy and data protection.
What are the lawful bases for processing?
Voltalia relies on at least one of the following legal bases to process your data:
1. The processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation to which Voltalia is subject.
2. The processing is necessary in order to take pre-contractual measures following a request from you (especially following your request for contact on the Site in order to enter in a business relationship with Voltalia).
3. The processing is necessary to pursue the legitimate interests of Voltalia (such as the recruitment process).
Access to your Personal Data by third parties and security of processing
The Personal Data we collect, and those we obtained subsequently, are intended for us in our capacity as controller. We ensure that only authorized persons have access to this data.
Your data may also be disclosed to third parties in order to meet our legal and regulatory obligations, or to its trusted service providers, and to enable the execution of measures in the legitimate interest of Voltalia.
We apply reasonable standards of physical, technical and administrative security to protect your data against loss, unauthorized access, misuse, modification, destruction or damage. However, sending information on the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best, we cannot guarantee the security of your data delivered on the Site.
Where do we store your Personal Data?
Voltalia stores your data on its secure servers, located within the European Economic Area ("EEA"). Voltalia may be led to share your data with authorized persons, including in countries outside the EU-EEA, based on its legitimate interest, in order to perform pre-contractual measures following a request from you or in order to comply with a legal obligation to which Voltalia is subject.
For how long we will keep your data
• Regarding the cookies and tracers on the Site:
Cookies are small text files that might be stored on your device in order to allow the Site works more efficiently by saving your preferences for a maximum of thirteen months.
Voltalia may collect data by using cookies to obtain information that is used solely to produce anonymous statistics, which does not allow us to follow your browsing on other sites or having more accurate location data than the Country for the purpose of identifying the browser language.
You can access the "Cookies Preference Center" section on the Site to set your cookie preferences as well as check the instructions of your browser (Chrome, Internet, Firefox) if you want to delete them.
• Concerning the data communicated in the Careers’ section
Our general approach is to only keep the candidate's data for a period of two years after the last contact with us so that we can consider your application for future employment opportunities, unless you expressly object to it. Voltalia will provide you with the due policy in this regard.
• Concerning the data communicated in the sections Contacts, Newsletter, Voltalia Dashboard
We will not keep your Personal Data for longer than the time necessary for the purpose for which they are processed.
1. Right to access your Personal Data – You have the right to be informed about whether your Personal Data is being processed by Voltalia (article 15 of the GDPR);
2. Right to rectification – the right to ask us to modify or update inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data (article 16 of the GDPR);
3. Right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”) – the right to ask us to permanently delete Personal Data when the data subject considers that we no longer have any reason to do so collect/process (article 17 of the GDPR);
4. Right to restriction of processing – the right to ask us to stop temporarily or the processing of all or part of the Personal Data (article 18 of the GDPR);
5. Right to portability – the right to request a copy of your Personal Data in a structured and machine-readable format in order to hand it over to a third party (article 20 of the GDPR);
6. Right to object – the right to object at any time, for reasons related to the situation of the data subject, to the processing of Personal Data concerning him/her having as its legal basis the pursuit of a legitimate interest. Unless we demonstrate a legitimate and compelling interest justifying such processing, we will only process the Personal Data concerned (article 21.1 and 21.2 of the GDPR);
7. Right to decide the fate of your data after death – in some countries, you have the right to impose the fate that you wish to reserve your Personal Data in the event of death.
8. You also have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your data at any time if it is based on such consent (including marketing purposes), without prejudice to the lawfulness of the processing carried out prior to such withdrawal (article 7.3 of the GDPR).
9. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the national data protection authority. You can make this appeal to the supervisory authority of the Member State in which your habitual residence is located, your work or the place where the violation was committed (article 77 of the GDPR).
Contacts and how to exercise your rights?
To exercise your right, please send your request directly to us by email at email@example.com or by post to 84 bd de Sébastopol, 75003 Paris, France.
You must clearly indicate your name and first name, the address to which you want the answer to be sent to you and attach a photocopy of an identity document bearing your signature. These rights are not unlimited and, in some cases, Voltalia may refuse your request.